Thursday, April 26, 2012

When I am King and Electric sheep comix

When I am King
This is an interesting little work of art, the use of very simple shapes and colors is utilized.The format for me is also very interesting in that it is one direction the entire time, which is a different approach to the way Scott McCloud sees comics going. Multi directional and with many simultaneous events taking place.I think this one directional approach is direct and immediately readable, which is a different approach to many other comic artists that I have been exposed to this semester. There are no fancy dynamics or interestingly broken up spaces, what you see is what you get and that, in my opinion is the greatest attribute of a work such as this.





Patrick Farley- Electric Sheep Comix
Honestly, I don't know where to start with this piece, the imagery and special effects are unlike anything I've ever seen before. The characterization is very realistic and visually interactive with moving shapes and scenes etc.The idea of apes and our progression to humanity is an interesting mental journey. The idea of carnal nature is brought out by the fantasy world of the woman in the piece. My favorite part was when there were various organic elements, bacteria,veins and fish etc move across the screen.I'm interested to see what other artists are exploring this media option. I guess the message this piece brings, is that despite our advancement as a species, we still have very primitive understandings on certain subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment